Online VAT registrations, Simple, fast and full consultation before you register is avalable
Here’s what you need to know about VAT before you apply.
It is mandatory for a business to register for VAT if the total value of taxable supplies made in any consecutive twelve month period exceeded or is likely to exceed R1 million. The business must complete a VAT 101 – Application for Registration form and submit it to the local SARS branch within 21 days from date of exceeding R1 million.
A business may also choose to register voluntarily for VAT if the value of taxable supplies made or to be made is less than R1 million, but has exceeded R50 000 in the past period of 12 months.
- Company registration documents
- Copies of the director’s identity document (Certified)
- Invoices issued to clients by you exceeding R50 000 in total if the business has been registered for more than 12 Month
- Invoices issued to clients the at least exceed R4600 if the business is newly registered and is not older than 3 months.
- Bank statements for the past three months preferably showing payment of the above invoices
- Director’s proof of residence
- Company’s proof of business address